- DATE/TIME: This year, the race is on Saturday, August 20 at 8:00 AM. The Fun Run is at 9:00 AM. Race-day registration and check-in take place from 7:00 to 7:45 AM.
- 5K REGISTRATION: To register for the 5K:
The email method is strongly preferred, but you can also fill out a printed copy and bring it to the race or register on race day. Free jar of honey to the first 100 registrants!
- Fill out and save this PDF form (note: this is last year's form, but is fine to use for this year) in one of the following ways:
- On a Mac using Safari, open the PDF. Fill it out and save it (with the floppy disk icon at top), using your name for the file name in the format "Last,First.pdf". Another way to save the form with your info on a Mac is to download the PDF, fill it out in Preview, and print it to PDF in the format "Last,First.pdf".
- On Windows: open or download the PDF, fill out the form, and print it to PDF to save your info. When prompted for a file name, use your own name in the format "Last,First.pdf". Filling out the form and printing it to PDF can be done in Google Chrome or in Adobe Acrobat (not Reader). You can also install a free PDF printer driver such as doPDF in order to print to PDF from the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox or Internet Explorer, or from standalone Adobe Reader.
- Note: filling out your name in the "sign here" field counts as signing the form electronically.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5K (8:00 AM) FEE: Pay on race day. The fee for Hancock residents is $5 and the fee for non-residents is $10. Checks should be made out to "Ginger Smith, Race Director".
- FUN RUN (9:00 AM): No online registration. Sign in on race day anytime from 7:30 on. The Fun Run is free.
- WHERE TO GO: On race day, go to registration and check-in in front of the church vestry on Main Street, in the center of Hancock, just to the east of the Congregational Church.
- PARKING is limited but available along Main Street, behind the Town Office Building, and behind the Library. Do not park at the Post Office.
- AWARDS go to the top three females and males in the following age groups: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+. The top male and female win a pair of Saucony running shoes donated by Eastern Mountain Sports. (Awards will not be mailed. Please be present at the awards ceremony.)
- 2015 RESULTS can be seen here on Cool Running.
- QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com.
5K RACE COURSE
See course map below. The 5K starts at 8:00 AM at the entrance to Hancock Elementary School on School St, off Route 137. From there:
- Start on School St going south
- Left onto Main St
- Left on Bennington Rd (Rt 137) and down the hill
- Bear right on Evergreen Hill Rd (dirt) and go up hill #1
- After the crest of the hill, at the intersection, turn left onto Antrim Rd
- Down the gradual hill (Mile 1)
- Cross Bennington Rd and bear left onto Garand Rd, which quickly becomes a footpath
- Cross the Betty Pels Bridge onto Mill Rd and go up hill #2
- At the end of Mill Rd, turn left onto Longview Rd
- At the end of Longview Rd, turn right onto Bennington Rd
- Past the firehouse and up a small hill, then right onto Main St
- Finish on Main St in front of the registration area near the church vestry