- DATE/TIME: This year, the race is on Saturday, August 16 at 8:00 AM. The Fun Run is at 9:00 AM. Race-day registration and check-in take place from 7:00 to 7:45 AM.
- 5K REGISTRATION: To register for the 5K:
The email method is strongly preferred, but you can also fill out a printed copy and bring it to the race or register on race day. Free jar of honey to the first 100 registrants!
- Download this PDF form. (Note: link for 2014 form not yet working.)
- Rename the PDF to your own name in this format: "Last,First.pdf".
- Open the PDF, fill out the form, and save it. (Note: filling out your name in the "sign here" field and checking the box below it counts as signing the form electronically.)
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5K (8:00 AM) FEE: Pay on race day. The fee for Hancock residents is $5 and the fee for non-residents is $10. Checks should be made out to "Ginger Smith, Race Director".
- FUN RUN (9:00 AM): No online registration. Sign in on race day anytime from 7:30 on. The Fun Run is free.
- WHERE TO GO: On race day, go to registration and check-in in front of the church vestry on Main Street, in the center of Hancock, just to the east of the Congregational Church.
- PARKING is limited but available along Main Street, behind the Town Office Building, and behind the Library. Do not park at the Post Office.
- AWARDS go to the top three females and males in the following age groups: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+. (Awards will not be mailed. Please be present at the awards ceremony.)
- RESULTS from last year can be seen here on Cool Running.
- QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com.
5K RACE COURSE
See course map below. The 5K starts at 8:00 AM at the entrance to Hancock Elementary School on School St, off Route 137. From there:
- Start on School St going south
- Left onto Main St
- Left on Bennington Rd (Rt 137) and down the hill
- Bear right on Evergreen Hill Rd (dirt) and go up hill #1
- After the crest of the hill, at the intersection, turn left onto Antrim Rd
- Down the gradual hill (Mile 1)
- Cross Bennington Rd and bear left onto Garand Rd, which quickly becomes a footpath
- Cross the Betty Pels Bridge onto Mill Rd and go up hill #2
- At the end of Mill Rd, turn left onto Longview Rd
- At the end of Longview Rd, turn right onto Bennington Rd
- Past the firehouse and up a small hill, then right onto Main St
- Finish on Main St in front of the registration area near the church vestry